Never in my wildest nightmares did I ever think that I would see what I am seeing today. The very fabric that wove this country together is being pulled apart string-by-string by Donald Trump.
I posted a previous article after the election suggesting that people should not look at the news six times a day and to move forward with their lives. Checking up on the news once a day would be sufficient and it might help them to normalize their lives after a brutal election. I will now qualify that statement to suggest that people follow the news on the internet at least once a day. (TV news is short and they do not cover everything that is happening) Simply do a search on “current news” and keep tabs on what is happening. Read from two different sources that come up. (Try to find sources that are not prejudice.) Don’t let it become an obsession, but PAY ATTENTION to what is happening in our country! If we do not, then things will get out of hand quickly. And some things simply cannot be undone. That last statement is VERY important to understand. That statement is at the core of many military suicides.
What I am seeing since the election is behavior similar to that which Hitler showed. Hitler told the working people that he would make their country better and bring them economic prosperity. They believed him because they wanted to believe in something that appeared better than the life they had. (He actually did make it better for a short time by refusing to pay WWI penalties to other countries and by creating jobs building military equipment.)
Hitler also worked hard to kill-off competing political parties and foes. In a move to become chancellor, he even started a false rumor that helped him to secure that position. Sound familiar?
Former General Erich Ludendorff, an old comrade who had once supported Hitler, sent a telegram to President Hindenburg regarding Hitler’s new position as the Chancellor: “By appointing Hitler Chancellor of the Reich you have handed over our sacred German Fatherland to one of the greatest demagogues of all time. I prophesy to you this evil man will plunge our Reich into the abyss and will inflict immeasurable woe on our nation. Future generations will curse you in your grave for this action."
The definition of a demagogue is: “A political leader who seeks support by appealing to popular desires and prejudices rather than by using rational argument.” (This should sound familiar.)
Trump promised his followers everything they wanted and then some. He also capitalized on white supremacy initiatives and vowed to deport millions of people from the United States. Similar to Hitler’s disdain for German citizen Jews, Trump hates some Americans that are decedents from foreign countries.
In The Federalist No. 85, Alexander Hamilton warned us of his concern about the rise of a military despotism of a victorious demagogue: “These judicious reflections contain a lesson of moderation to all the sincere lovers of the Union, and ought to put them upon their guard against hazarding anarchy, civil war, a perpetual alienation of the States from each other, and perhaps the military despotism of a victorious demagogue, in the pursuit of what they are not likely to obtain, but from time and experience.
Definition of despotism: “The exercise of absolute power, especially in a cruel and oppressive way.”
Trump is conducting “deals” that will get him close to absolute power. Notice how he quickly traveled to Louisiana to help secure an election for a Republican Senator. That Senator and the Republican Party now owes him. Trump likes to be owed and WILL call back favors. And if he doesn’t get them, he will find a way to punish them. That’s the way it works now, folks. At the moment, Trump will be president, all of his cabinet members will be military or wealthy, he is in the party with the majority in both Federal houses, and he will control the Supreme court. That is as close to absolute power as a person can have in the United States.
And speaking of punishment and the slaughter of Jews, the Trump transition team requested the names of all employees in the Department of Energy who participated in climate change studies and legislation. The list would include staff members, including career civil servants, who worked on plans to cut carbon emissions. Other name requests include staff or contractors who attended international meetings on climate change run through the United Nations, such as the summit that created the landmark Paris Agreement last year that ultimately was signed by 116 countries to cut carbon pollution. I doubt that Trump will brand their forearms with numbers like Hitler did with the Jews, but a roundup and harsh extrication from their jobs appears to be looming when he reaches the White House. This is both fear mongering and punishment tactics and he isn’t even president yet. These are important leading indicators of his temperament and vindictiveness. It remains to be seen what they will do with the names, but I can assure you, it will have an effect on the department, even if he does nothing with them. This is what they call a “shot across the bow” to make the department do what he wants. And if they do not, they will understand that it will cost them their jobs and/or careers. Expect to see a lot of strong-arm tactics and backdoor deals… soon.
Hitler also used industrialists and aristocrats to help fund the rebuilding of his party when it was losing ground. Those rich supporters hoped to use Hitler for their own benefit if he came into ultimate power. Take a look at Trump’s cabinet picks. Same type of people. Some research has shown that those supporters of Hitler’s party were later given responsibilities for running the German government, but were completely useless, as they always had their own self-interest in mind and had no desire to learn how to run a governmental department. None of the people Trump has picked for his cabinet has your best interest in mind. They all have their own agendas and most have previously voiced disdain for the departments they will head. One part is trained to kill people, while the other part is trained to take money from the lower class to pad their own coffers. The Americans that still believe in Trump are the ones that are not reading the news headlines. (Because they refuse to see what is happening.)
What can you do about it?
1. First and foremost, PAY ATTENTION! Rogue politicians hate that more than anything. Question everything you hear them say. Look for their real motives. Follow the news every day and be ready to respond in some form to the topics that are important to you. I can assure you, the things that Trump’s administration will do WILL negatively affect every citizen of this country at some point, even to his followers. They just don’t understand that yet. When they do, it will be too late. Heck, from what I’ve seen so far, it’s too late already.
2. Find groups of people with similar concerns over what the government is doing wrong or not doing at all. Participate in research and discussion sessions to brainstorm in an effort to find ways to resist the bad things that the government will do. To facilitate the information flow, learn how to request documents using the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA). It is not difficult to do. Then dig DEEP to follow the money or power. It will be there. It requires grueling work, but dishonesty always leaves a shadow. Find it. Expect a lot of resistance the closer you get to it. That will be a good sign, so don’t cave. Trump is very secretive and hides things that he does not want you to see. Find it. Force him to conduct open government.
3. Join forces. Find similar groups and collaborate to create a solid movement. Organize the movement so it has a focus and an impact.
4. Lobby your legislators. (State and Federal) Write letters and ask for meetings with them to voice your concerns. If they do not respond, then protest against them. I can tell you for certain, that they view their seat as a job and no politician likes to lose their job and the retirement benefits that go along with it. If your movement has teeth, they will entertain a conversation with you. A conversation. Many times they will send an aid to talk with you instead of being there themselves. That will tell you your significance. After the meeting, don’t expect them to do anything. Like Trump, most politicians will tell you what you want to hear and then send you on your happy way. (Trump has been doing that a lot in his Castle/tower.)They will make a big deal to the public that they “reached out to you.” The fact is that they are blowing smoke up your ass to quiet you down or to make themselves look good. If you get no positive results from the meeting(s), then protest. And then protest again. And keep protesting. I hate to say this folks, but they will try to wear you down over time and hope you will go away. Furthermore, they will find a scapegoat for not being able to help you.
5. Protest in a big way and be focused. Two people protesting on the marble steps of a building means nothing to anybody. You will need MASSES of people. The more organized and focused the protest is, the more impact it will have. Give the legislators a hook to hang their hat on. Protesting “against” something should also be coupled with the relative protest “for something”. Know exactly what it is that you want them to do and make sure they understand what it is. In other words; do their homework for them to give them options. Collectively, small organizations can have a huge impact when working collaboratively. Keep the demonstrations peaceful! Owners of stores, vehicles, and the police are NOT your enemy, so don’t make them one! Violence begets violence. Russia would like nothing better than to see our country turn into chaos. It will take the microscope off of them so they can do their dirty deeds without anyone paying attention to them… until it is too late.
6. Organize lawsuits against your politicians if they use their position for personal gain, favors to others/businesses, or to deny rights and freedoms to citizens. This will require a LOT of money. Do note that legislators have immunity from lawsuits if the action causing the suite is government related. Legislators should be sued personally, not in their capacity as a legislator. That sounds odd, but if they are doing something illegal, then it is not being done for the government, so you can sue them for it. This may be a last resort action, as the court systems move slowly and it is costly. Find funding. Also note that Trump will soon control part of the Supreme Court.
7. Put up good hard-working and honest candidates for all offices of government and then support the heck out of them. They are difficult to find. VERY difficult to find. A person that is true understands the “real” sacrifice to serve in office and often will not be willing to do so. Make life easier for them by helping with the initiatives. Walking away from a good politician is the worst thing you can do. If you succeed, over time you will see a shift in the government and you will feel a sense of renewed hope.
It should bother people that Trump is picking his cabinet to willfully tear the departments down for which they have been selected. Things like this happened when Hitler was in politics. It is done to weaken opposition and to later look like a hero when the leader or politicians in control “fixes it.” (Generally just before an election) It is a win-win for them.
Another tactic we may be seeing is an old strategy to acquire power and control. A new dictator will often put harsh representatives in control over a group of people. That representative will have been picked because of their cruel behavior. The result is that the people cower out of fear and come into line with the new rules. However, they hate the representative and will eventually retaliate. The new dictator waits until the representative establishes order through fear, and then publicly kills him. It makes the dictator look like a hero and the people come out to support him for getting rid of the tyrant. So now the people follow the rules and are loyal to the dictator. After all, in their eyes, the dictator was the “good” guy. Little did they know that it was all a plot of the dictator to control the people.
Another leading indicator of problems ahead is what China is doing to retaliate for Trump’s comments against them. Folks, we educated and built China to be what it is today and now their strength is a reflection of us, but twisted into a Communist form. Not good. What is happening now reminds me of the pied piper tale. I have a terrible sense that trouble is unavoidable. All of those cheap gadgets we flocked to were a distraction while they built up their economy and military using our technology, money, and educational system. Silly us.
Trump’s biggest problem (at the moment… expect many more) is that he cannot keep his mouth shut. He simply cannot. That temperament may be okay when you are a billionaire business person, but not the representative of a country. Words hurt and when they do, other countries retaliate and up the ante at the same time. Note how China has begun to escalate a military build-up on its man-made islands. And they recently stole one of our Navy’s underwater drones in plain sight in neutral waters. And then there was the nuclear-capable planes conducting fly-overs to signal strength and capability. Like the pied piper, there was a day of reckoning to come for buying all of the cheap products from China while we raced home to waste time playing games or becoming addicted to social media using the stuff they provided to us.
Don’t get me wrong; we are all people, regardless of nationality. Our spirits came from the same place and we are all connected to one. However, until our world matures enough to eliminate rulers and borders, then we must be careful how we approach other countries and how much power we give away. World War III is certainly a possibility in our generation. A global economy sounded good, but we neglected to protect ourselves sufficiently while we empowered other countries. We should have been willing to buy fewer goods at higher prices to protect our businesses and interests while forming good relationships with other countries. The process needed to be conducted slowly with an eye to not create another super power that could ultimately take us out. Greed of humans is what drove us in the direction that we now find ourselves in. We instead should have used our status to bring countries together in world unity. Greed and power won-out across the globe.
So now we have:
- Friends of Russia controlling part of our government,
- A President that protects Russia,
- Russia controlling Syria,
- Russia poised to infiltrate more of Europe,
- Cabinet members that will destroy our government departments,
- China positioning itself for world military power,
- China strengthening itself by taking control of neutral zones for shipping,
- and China readying for a military standoff with the USA.
What was that? Oh, never mind. It was just Putin laughing.
Amazingly, there are some people in the United States that are happy about this. It appears that there are some people in the USA that do not care what happens just so long as they are promised something from Trump. They have no clue what is happening across the world and they don’t want to know. It is all about THEM and what they will get. And then there are others that don’t care what happens, just so long as the Democrats taste failure, even if it means that the United States falls. That last bunch are the politically polarized brainwashed people. Not so unlike the new ISIS recruits that pop up that commit suicidal attacks. Again, we are ALL humans. The USA can have brain washed people as easily as any other nationality. Political party bosses love it when it happens in their favor. That phenomenon can occur in any political party.
Something bad is going to happen sooner rather than later if this nonsense continues. I don’t like to sound like an alarmist, but I think it would be prudent to tighten things up on your own ship. All that money you “think” you have in the bank won’t amount to a hill of bull chips if things get really bad. I suggest to “invest” in hard goods and food that you can use/utilize to help you live in the case of a catastrophic event. It won’t keep you going for the long-term, but it is better than nothing in the short term. And if it doesn’t happen, then simply use what you purchased and be happy that it never came. Better safe than sorry.
Will Trump succeed in creating more jobs? Maybe initially. He is tearing down everything in his path to pave the way for rich business owners to build profitable companies. (For their own benefit.) But there is a serious price to pay for tearing those regulations down. We saw that during the industrial revolution. It all revolves around natural equilibrium. If humans push too far and wreck the environment, then the environment will try to correct the problem to restore equilibrium by killing humans. Planets and solar systems spin in a circle for a reason.
Furthermore, we don’t even have enough people willing to do the work required by the new companies. Trump is also against fair wages. (Though, he will tell you differently and you might believe him.) Low wages keep people away from those jobs. Heck, I learned that there is a shortage of some types of factory workers as it is. So guess where the labor will need to come from? Mexico and China. (Have you been to Walmart lately and not understood the language of the workers?) They will work for slave labor wages. There goes Trump’s initiative to remove them. He will need to let them in to fill the low-end jobs. (If the jobs really ever materialize.)
Do note that when Trump threatens a business and strong-arms them, that they are not stupid. Trump may appear to win “something” in the short term (and he will strut it like a cocky rooster), however, I can assure you that those business leaders will begin strategizing the very next day in how they are going to beat Trump. Never lose sight of the fact that to many business people, conducting business is a very competitive “game”. And they hate to lose just as much as Trump does. Furthermore, many of them have foreign ties that will be more than happy to help them.
This was a very long article. Most people probably stopped reading half-way through. If you are one of the ones that read it completely, then you may be one of the ones that are paying attention. Hopefully we can get a few more people to pay attention and become the voices of their government… before it is too late.